The WSAVT is here to help satisfy your continuing education (CE) needs. The State of Washington requires 30 hours of CE every 3 years which maybe audited at the time of your license renewal.Currently only 10 hours may be obtained online or through journal credits.A maximum of 10 hours can be business management courses. As you can see membership has it's benefits!Join now for CE at reduced rates.
Please Note: Inclusion of CE events on the WSAVT Website does not ensure it will be accepted by the Washington Veterinary Board of Governors as acceptable CE for license renewal. When in doubt, ask the CE host if they have obtained credit opportunities from the VBOG.
Qualified organizations approved by the veterinary board of governors.
Courses offered by the following organizations qualify as continuing education courses for veterinary technicians:
(1) The Washington State Association of Veterinary Technicians.
(2) National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America.
(3) All veterinary technician specialty academies recognized by the North American Veterinary Technician Association. (Should say “the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America”)
(4) The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB).
(5) The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
(6) The Washington State Veterinary Medical Association.
(7) Any board approved college or school of veterinary medical technology.
(8) Any state or regional veterinary association which is recognized by the licensing authority of its state as a qualified professional association or educational organization.
(9) The American Animal Hospital Association.
(10) Veterinary specialty boards recognized by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(11) Regional veterinary conferences and allied organizations recognized by AAVSB.
(12) The Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE).
(13) Other courses as approved by the board.